Question 1: Genius and [X] Are Two Sides of the Same Coin (Tensai to [Ⅹ] wa hyōriittaidearu, 天才と[Ⅹ]は表裏一体である) is the 1st chapter of the We Never Learn! manga. It was released in issue #10 of the Weekly Shounen Jump on February 6, 2017.
Genius and [X] Are Two Sides of the Same Coin
|Title in Japanese||天才と[Ⅹ]は表裏一体である|
|Romaji Translation||Tensai to [Ⅹ] wa hyōriittaidearu|
|Release Date||February 6, 2017|
- Nariyuki Yuiga is appointed the tutor of Rizu Ogata and Fumino Furuhashi, in order to gain VIP recommendation.
New Characters Introduced (As they appear in order)
- Nariyuki Yuiga
- Fumino Furuhashi
- Rizu Ogata
- Yuiga Family (Physically shown without names given)
- Nariyuki's Dad
- " 'More than anything, it's important to understand the struggles of others.' My Father always smiled when he said that." - Nariyuki introducing his Father's words of wisdom to others.
- "My name is...Nariyuki Yuiga. I'm in my last year of high school and I'm brain." - Nariyuki introducing himself.
- "Hey, Dad. I'm home" - Nariyuki greeting his deceased father.
- "You will recieve the VIP recommendation...on the condtion that you serve as their tutor to get them into their target universities!" - Headmaster declaring that Nariyuki must tutor Rizu and Fumino to receive the VIP recommendation.
- "Is talent all that matters in this world?! I'm so sick of people deciding my life based on that!" - Rizu let's her feelings be known.
- "But..we don't want to give up. Thanks for the past week." - Fumino thanking Nariyuki as she walks away.
- "They really feel strongly...about their choices." - Nariyuki realizing their feelings on their studies.
- "Daddy, I'm so sad! I worked so hard, and still failed!" - Young Nariyuki in tears telling his father about his test results.
- "What, you got four points? That's great! Means you've got lots of room for improvement! That's way better than being able to do everything from the start! Listen, Nariyuki...don't forget this frustration. You'll grow up...a person who understands people's struggles. Only those who struggled...can understand the struggles of others." - Nariyuki's Father cheering up his son with great wisdom.
- "That's a tall order, Dad." - Nariyuki reminiscing on the past.
- "I used to be a total failure in school. No matter who much I studied, my grades didn't improve. It was awful. So...I know what it feels like to struggle. Even if you're geniuses...if you can't succeed at what you want to...that's gotta hurt. So...I know I can make the both of you very happy! So please do it with me!" - Nariyuki sympathizing with Fumino and Rizu.
- "Th..thank you." - Rizu and Fumino thanking Nariyuki.
- "And so..this is the curtains of my youth and, with it, a strange story. The story of me, a prodigy, tutoring two geniuses..!" - Nariyuki introducing the true beginning of the story.